Preventing Account Fraud
Mobank takes the privacy of our clients and the security of their accounts very seriously. Currently, there are a number of email scams that are designed to trick you into providing your user ID and password.
To help you defend yourself against these criminals, Mobank has compiled a list of simple online tips to help you safeguard your accounts and privacy from these online scams. We've also provided you with some general information on how to prevent account fraud and included links to the FTC's and FDIC's Web pages that contain more detailed information about online safety, identity theft and online fraud.
Mobank takes online security of our clients accounts very seriously. Currently, there are a number of email scams that are designed to trick you into providing your user ID and password. We will never request this information from you via email. Here are some important online security tips:
- Keep the security features of your computer software up to date. This includes your Web browser, virus scan software and firewall. Email attachments and links within email can sometimes contain viruses and infect your computer without your knowledge. Running frequent scans for viruses is highly recommended.
- Don't respond to unsolicited emails from companies that you do business with requesting that you re-validate your personal information or that provide a link to websites that require you to revalidate your account information. These links often lead to bogus websites that look legitimate in order to fool you into providing secure information.
- Before entering personal information on any website, look for the "locked padlock" icon in the browser frame, or "https" at the beginning of the Web address to ensure that the site is secure.
- Change passwords regularly.
- Sign out of the website after you have submitted an application or concluded a secure online session.
- When your computer is not in use, shut it down or disconnect from the Internet.
- If you think you may have fallen victim to an online scam, change your passwords and monitor your account activity closely.